Content Recommendation Ads
Update: The term Native Ads seems to have won the battle :)
CRA = Content Recommendation Ads
"Read More Ads"?
That's my name for ads that are placed in the "Read More" section of online magazines.
If you've got a better name or know the "right" name, let me know and i will upgrade this page accordingly :)
Networks providing access to RMA:
Alternative names for this ad format?
- Content Context Sensitive Article Recommendation Ads CCSARA :)
- ARA = Article Recommendation Ads
- RMS = Read More Section ads
- RMA = Read More Ads
- RMSA = Read More Section Ads
- ARA = Article Readmorecommendation Ads
- RADS = Readcommendation ADS
- CDA = Content Discovery Ads
Plista calls this
- Native Content Distribution = NCD
- Text/image recommendations in an editorial environment
- Native RecommendationAds = NRA = WTF? :)
- Text/image recommendation ads in an editorial environment
I don't get the "native" in this wording, but it sounds cool :)
Outbrain calls this
- Promoted Stories
- Actually they didn't come up with a matching term, but they talk a lot about recommendations as well.
- I herewith conclude that the word "Recommendation" should have it's part in the term.
- And as the ads/recommendations are placed in a matching content environment - we'll use the word "Content" as well.
- And because it's advertising, we'll use the word "Ads".
- CRA = Content Recommendation Ads
Now let's google that in phrase match mode "Content Recommendation Ads". Hits on Google:
- 2014-11-11 _____ 33.200 results
Random SERP links for "Content Recommendation Ads" on 2014-11-10:
- 2014-10-29 _____ http://contently.com/strategist/2014/10/29/can-this-tool-help-publishers-finally-take-control-of-content-recommendation-engines/
"You might also like" ... this shit ... "from around the web".
Note to self: the term "Native Ad" appears a lot in the context.