Search Engine Advertisement
- Split & Conquer: target as granular as possible.
- Campaign Naming Conventions make monitoring, reporting and controlling so much easier.
- Automated bidding is not always the best solution.
Campaign Naming Convention
Heavily depends on your business.
Assuming an international setup i'd go for something like this
I guess this convention could be extended to cover all possible targeting options in Google Adwords Search, Display & Youtube Network.
- Use MCCs
- Get used to a multi-account setup
- Don't worry too much about account history, if something doesn't work: scrap the account, open a new one.
- Split, split, split...
Example Account: Ecommerce
This Google Charts OrgChart uses a Google Spreadsheet as a data source and displays a possible configuration for an Ecommerce Adwords account setup.
You can click on nodes to highlight them and doubleclick nodes to collapse or expand them.
Adwords Scripts by Russel Savage:
Adwords Scripts at Optmyzr: